What to Know About Dental Bridges in Oak Ridge
If you have a gap in your teeth, you may be wondering what you can do to repair it, especially if the gap comes from missing teeth. Having a full set of healthy teeth is essential for your oral and overall health and also impacts your appearance and speech. If you're missing teeth, you're also more likely to develop gum disease or speech disorders.
A dental bridge can help correct these issues. Dr. Gross and his team are happy to answer your questions about dental bridges and help you understand if this procedure is best for you. When you search for dental bridges near me, you'll find the Dental Care of North Carolina location you can visit for your procedure. Dr. William Gross and his friendly and experienced staff are ready to answer your questions and provide the necessary treatments to give you a winning smile.
The Function of Dental Bridges
A dental bridge replaces missing teeth with artificial teeth that look natural. There are several types of bridges to choose from, including:
- Removable fixed bridges which attach artificial teeth to adjoining natural teeth with crowns
- Implant bridges that attach to the jaw or under gum tissue
The Advantages of Dental Bridges Near Me
Now that you've searched dental bridges near me and found the ideal location, here are some of the benefits of a dental bridge:
- A beautiful, healthy smile is priceless. You'll likely feel more self-assured and will feel more comfortable smiling in public or in photos.
- When you lose a tooth, you may have a hard time eating your favorite foods. Pain can be caused by the remaining teeth shifting toward the gap. Food particles can also lodge in the space where the tooth once was, and this can lead to gum damage. A bridge can make eating more comfortable and keep your gums healthy.
- If you have multiple missing teeth, it may be difficult to pronounce certain words. To repair this issue, you'll have to remedy the tooth loss that led to the speech impediment. A bridge can not only give you a more attractive smile, but it can also shape your mouth correctly and improve your speech.
- Once you lose a tooth, the jawbone begins to deteriorate. The roots of the teeth stimulate the bone cells in the jaw. When this stimulation is no longer there, your jawbone will deteriorate, which can lead to more tooth loss or facial collapse. Bridges can restore the shape of your face, which provides a boost of confidence as well.
Contact Dental Care of North Carolina today to learn more about how dental bridges can give you the smile you've always wanted. Search for dental bridges near me to find the dental office closest to you so you can schedule your appointment with a member of our qualified dental team.