If you’re in search of a discreet and effective way to straighten your teeth and perfect your smile, you’ll love Invisalign! The world’s most advanced clear aligners system utilizes a series of aligner trays to straighten your teeth and correct your bite. Caring for them will ensure you enjoy astounding results!
Here’s all you need to know about caring for your virtually invisible braces!
- Get in the habit of cleaning your Invisalign trays, especially when you brush your teeth in the mornings and evenings.
- Use a soft-bristled brush and a non-abrasive cleanser to clean your aligners.
- Avoid harsh or vigorous brushing, so you don’t scratch your aligners and leave visible etchings.
- Rinse your aligners well when you remove them from your mouth, so they don’t provide a breeding ground for harmful bacteria.
- Sanitize your aligners by soaking them in Invisalign’s cleaning crystals or denture cleaner for at least 15 minutes each day.
- Always brush and floss before wearing your virtually invisible aligners to prevent debris from becoming trapped between your teeth and aligner trays, increasing your risk of decay and cavities.
- Avoid eating or drinking anything but water while wearing your clear aligners to prevent damage or stains and keep stinky breath at bay.
- Keep your aligners stored in their container when you take them out of your mouth to eat so they don’t get misplaced, damaged, or exposed to harmful bacteria.
Your Invisalign treatment relies on a series of clear trays that place pressure on your teeth to shift them into alignment. You must wear them for 20-22 hours each day for the recommended amount of time, typically two weeks per aligner set.
So what happens if you damage or lose an aligner? Should you move on to the next in the series? You need to follow your custom treatment plan to achieve your desired results, so if you lose or damage one of your aligners, contact your trusted team at Dental Care of North Carolina right away. We will replace your aligner to keep your treatment on track!
Visit Dental Care of North Carolina to learn more about perfecting your smile with Invisalign. Our team is here to offer tips for caring for your clear aligners to keep you on track to achieving the beautifully straight smile you’ve always desired. Call us and schedule your appointment today!